Our NEW Training Series is Here!
We want to equip every church – from those in tiny rural parishes to those operating in busy inner-city centres – to support their community. Our Cinnamon Training Series is designed especially for church leaders and church activists who are passionate about seeing God’s love transform their communities.
Through each course you will:
- Gain insight and inspiration from professional trainers who have hands-on experience of church-based community development programmes.
- Connect with other church leaders and activists who also have a heart for community development and will share their own insight.
- Build confidence and core skills in key areas, so you can implement change and inspire others to join you.
- Access a wealth of knowledge and support to help you shape your own response to the needs in your community.
More than a Training Event
We want to ensure you get the best possible training experience – including the follow-up support you need to put your fresh learning to good use.
Therefore, when you register for our training, you’ll also get access to Cinnamon Connect. This is our BRAND NEW online learning community packed with resources, knowledge, information and tools to help your church impact your community.
Membership is FREE, but you also have the option to upgrade to become a Cinnamon Connect PLUS member, which will give you additional benefits and up to five free training places for you and your team each year.
COST: Suggested cost of our training events is £25 per person, with discounted prices available (or FREE if you have Cinnamon Connect PLUS membership)
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three hours of great training with our community development practitioners
- Comprehensive post-event resources to help you put your knowledge into practice
- Access to the Cinnamon Connect online learning community, where you can access additional resources, knowledge, and tools to help your church transform your community.
See our full calendar of Events
Our Next Training Session is
On Thursday 20 May, 9.30am-1.00pm, we’ll be kicking things off with our Missional Listening training course.
We’ll be answering the big question:
- How do you know what God’s plans are for your community?
- This course will help those who lead churches and social action projects to listen to God and to their community more effectively.
- During the morning, Cinnamon’s Diane McWilliam and Gareth Brown will help you to:
- Understand the needs and assets in your community in greater depth
- Learn new techniques to assess whether your project is meeting a real need
- Build firm foundations for a successful community development project
- Find out how to listen to and engage with your community more effectively